In accordance with Ashley’s goal to provide individuals and businesses of all sizes and industries high-quality services and continue learning and growing, as of December 19, 2017, Ashley Cameron Design, Inc became self-certified as a Woman-Owned Small Business.
A WOSB business must meet these qualifications:
- Must be at least 51 percent owned by one or more women; or, in the case of any publicly owned business, at least 51 percent of the stock of which is owned by one or more women; and
- Management and daily business operations must be controlled by one or more women.
For Small Business Administration (SBA) has other, more specific criteria for women, including:
- The business must be independently owned and operated,
- Must be organized for profit, and
- Is not dominant in its field or industry.
Please let your accountant know about this change to see if you are eligible for tax benefits from the government.
A brief history…
“The WOSB Federal Contract Program was implemented in February 2011 with the goal of expanding opportunities for WOSBs to win Federal contracts by providing a level playing field for WOSBs to compete. It is also intended to assist Federal agencies to meet the contracting goals for WOSBs. The Program allows WOSBs to compete for set-aside contracts or receive sole source awards in industries where women-owned small businesses are substantially underrepresented.” SBA.gov
Thank you for your partnership!
Enjoy your day!