A great testimonial will describe the customer’s situation before they made a purchase and what happened as a result in real and measurable terms. Testimonials can be influential marketing pieces and build social proof similar to product ratings and feedback. In order to get testimonials that cover your bases, the right questions can guide your customer’s responses.
- What was a problem you were experiencing before you purchased from [company]?
- Had you previously tried anything else to solve your problem? If so, what?
- What stands out most about [company]’s products and/or services?
- What are two to three other benefits you’ve found in using our company?
- Would you recommend our product/service to a friend or colleague? If so, why?
- Is there anything you’d like to add?
Include full names, titles, locations and pictures wherever possible.