Notice: Downloading videos from YouTube is against their terms and conditions.
- Download VLC Media Player and open the application
- Copy the YouTube url (e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1BCDEFG23H)
- In VLC, go to File > Open Network…
- Paste the url and click Open (view & accept pop up about certificate)
- Go to Window > Media Information…
- At the bottom is the video Location – copy and paste the url into a new internet browser window
- Click the download arrow button in the bottom right